You're talking about battery hens etc.....we don't have many of those left because of the laws....if any left at all. I always eat free range which means its never locked up like you are describing. When you don't have experience and knowledge of the farming in another country, it is always either good to go away a do some research or hush up and just ask questions rather than throw out your opinion like its fact
I was born in a farming community (in the UK) , a small market town with farms and forests all around it and they used to use horses to pull the plows, threshing machines used to come to thresh the corn, I know what it was and I know what it is going to be, farmers find it difficult as they have so many expenses to cover for a small area. Pig farms are in as every one is cheap to run and more money to be made as more people eat the products, hamburgers ?