Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What are you using to stream to you Tv's in your home.

DSSHT179

Swabbie
Joined
Jan 25, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Loc
USA
Hello everyone,
I have been using WD TV Live box for over 10 years but it finally died on me.
Been looking to upgrade anyways and I am looking for Nas set up to stream to my Tv's in my home.
What do you all recommend and are using? I went ahead and ran network cable to all the rooms and have a basic router setup.
I've looked at a nvidia shield or apple tv with a nas set up with maybe plex or something like that.
 
Wished I could help but I don't have a tv :) You could build your own NAS

Or there is this help....
Code:
https://94fbrdl.com/threads/does-music-streaming-from-nas-performance-better.7318601/
 
There are Android boxes that can play media files which are fairly inexpensive. Some of the newer types can also play AV1 codec media files. You could build a media PC but with the current high PC part prices, particularly memory, SSD and GPU's that might not be the best choice until the prices drop.
 
Moved to General.
 
We've had a Shield TV for years, and it's shown no signs of slowing down.
 
i use a google chromecast + jellyfin server running from my PC, it seems to do the job!
 
I use a Droix x4 ( Amlogic S905X4 )& a X88 PRO X5M. Both boxes do everything I want plus SlimBoxTV roms out for both chips.
 
I have a NAS that uses a DLNA server to make the local files streamable. Use a Shield for the device at the TV usually
 
I have Synology NAS and Plex running, that way I can stream all of my movies, tv series and music on any TV and also Alexa devices.
 
If you're able to get a hold of one, the Walmart ONN 4k boxes (they run Android) are super cheap and have worked flawlessly for me for years. Highly recommended as a budget option that hasn't seemed to struggle with anything I've thrown at it.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top