Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2013 Lawn, Garden & Orchard thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter kirk1701®
  • Start date Start date
14 quarts of Bloody Mary mix for this winter

That's a lot of mixed drinks guys :thumbsup:

and won't cost $2 a glass
1002336_4708695768800_1477199895_n.jpg


Then there's the Cardinal in my tomato's and she don't want me no where near my garden. :whistling:
Too bad
She can stay, Turpin has to go
1002851_4708713369240_1517648893_n.jpg


Couple days later
543784_4708713329239_1907605733_n.jpg


Stay tuned, I'll have children next :lol:
 
I guess I'll let the tarpon be.
Just when you think its bad, we'll I guess it could be worse.

I could have a shot gun standing by killing sewer rats :hmmm:

This comes from the small town up north where I grew up, Hazleton, Pa.

Code:
http://lattimerarchaeology.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/91-years-ago-this-week-starving-mine-rats-terrorizing-lattimer/

1922-7-23-rats-philly-enquirer.gif
 
nevyn68 said:
Bait, Bait and more Bait.
Then all you need is a shovel. :)

I'm sure there are plenty of bait in my garden, worms do a great job on fertilizing the soil :mrgreen:

I've caught some of my best bass on a nightcrawler

They also helped produce these, there's more where they came from I had to quit before I was done. Got dark and I couldn't see what I was picking so I'll pick again tomorrow night and hoping for 1 canner tomorrow and 2 canners sunday for a total of 21 quarts of tomato's this weekend.

270339_4719180470911_1623595723_n.jpg


By the way Nev, all this started from that small tray remember? The top tray in the pic actually.
308527_4296575426049_540272850_n.jpg
 
No Kirk I meant Bait for the rats then bury them.

I have started a new project but you can't see it till I'm done.
It's rained for 2 days so I haven't been able to finish the roof or door.
But I have lots of pics as I have gone along.
Again I needed the power tools. Sorry bmark240 but the Mrs made me use them. :P
 
nevyn68 said:
No Kirk I meant Bait for the rats then bury them.

I have started a new project but you can't see it till I'm done.
It's rained for 2 days so I haven't been able to finish the roof or door.
But I have lots of pics as I have gone along.
Again I needed the power tools. Sorry bmark240 but the Mrs made me use them. :P

Sounds like something worth looking forward too
As you can see I like seeing progress from one point to another and how something changes into something finished.

Be nice if we were closer so we could share power tools :thumbsup:

As for today:
7 quarts put up

Deseeded tomato's
1011147_4722945965046_390235823_n.jpg


Scraps
Now if it were up to me I'd run this through the juicer but the boss says this is nothing but water :whistling:
399284_4722946165051_1521531073_n.jpg


Picked again this evening
1002151_4722946085049_1042641774_n.jpg


Going to skip a day, no picking tomorrow evening then pick the next night for Salsa. :thumbsup:
 
Ok this isn't funny no more :lol:
I need a break and there's more to pick tomorrow, I only picked the ripest of the ripe and left the rest.

1000937_4737650132641_1629140353_n.jpg


A little tomato art
1098202_4737650332646_1543764143_n.jpg


Cut all the leaves off the Okra, it should start coming in soon enough.
1150223_4737667573077_1095549312_n.jpg


Okra bloom, counted 14 today.
554935_4737667413073_282705222_n.jpg
 
magook said:
kirk1701Ã'® said:
A little tomato art
Missing the 2nd horn to seems like an evil smile. :D

Oh you missed last years art work, I couldn't top this one from 2012 :thumbsup:

394724_3172613647707_158903830_n.jpg


But as for today, 2 canners of tomato's (14 quarts) and tonight 3 more buckets. I shouldn't have any to pick till about this weekend "I HOPE"

However, with this weather and overnight lows in the Mid 70's boy they get ripe fast 8-)
All I know is I need a break.

954781_4741905319018_1603167087_n.jpg
 
Logi010 said:
cool stuff kirk! the tank is for watering the crops?

You must be referring to the gas tank, the thing with the red cap in the middle?

LP gas, heating for the winter
 
Kirk has a green thumb that lots of people would love to have.
I don't grow crops but I also do like to garden. :)
 
Here yu go guys, some pics for August to compare to July
As promised, quoted last months post, removed Junes pics, left July's and added August.

kirk1701Ã'® said:
Here yu go guys

Next month I'll take out June so you only see July and Aug.

Dam this shit grew :lol:
Keep in mind this is one month apart.


kirk1701Ã'® said:
1010693_4588881013506_1678596460_n.jpg


602004_4746502353941_1269331494_n.jpg



1000822_4588882013531_788903819_n.jpg


1098021_4746502593947_179657259_n.jpg



994211_4588882933554_841229014_n.jpg


557952_4746502633948_959924077_n.jpg




1014040_4588883733574_994780859_n.jpg


999415_4746503593972_1790910632_n.jpg



Okra Bloom
1010909_4746502713950_938456854_n.jpg


Okra Pod
76072_4746503113960_1750748630_n.jpg



1010067_4588883133559_103949322_n.jpg


972322_4746504153986_3027166_n.jpg



1005965_4588883893578_2020385422_n.jpg


944613_4746503793977_1775758972_n.jpg

And a few extra's
My Sweet Million Cherry tomato's, almost up to the roof of the garage so I hung two tomato basket stands on the outside of the fence for them to grow down and don't break due to the weight.
1157736_4746504353991_961447285_n.jpg
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top