Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2013 Lawn, Garden & Orchard thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter kirk1701®
  • Start date Start date
That looks pretty awesome Kirk, I too remember your threads on the old DirtyWarez and always admired and envied your garden.. didn't you have that pain in the ass neighbour ? hows things going with her these days...
 
Chea said:
That looks pretty awesome Kirk, I too remember your threads on the old DirtyWarez and always admired and envied your garden.. didn't you have that pain in the ass neighbour ? hows things going with her these days...

Everyone remembers my neighbor, jealous with envy because she can't keep up.

So much so she put a 6 foot fence up so she can't see my yard and yet she still can't stay on her side, was caught red handed and facebooked for the whole neighborhood to see climbing over the fence the next day knocking my flowers down with a broomstick :lol:

Or should I say was riding the broom the dam witch :thumbsup:

That was last September; haven't seen or heard of her after she was facebooked. :thumbsup:
 
Kirk, it's looking better than last year! Great to see the garden flourishing again!

-Chris
 
Chea said:
That looks pretty awesome Kirk, I too remember your threads on the old DirtyWarez and always admired and envied your garden.. didn't you have that pain in the ass neighbour ? hows things going with her these days...

Speak of the devil guess who I run into in Wal-Mart yesterday? :whistling:
Who could miss that dam stringy witch hair coming a mile away, on the wrong side of the isle with a buggy too so I got to the far left to avoid her. She seen me and as I got closer

JOEY

JOEY!!!!

JOEY...

Just kept walking like she didn't even exist. :lol:


chrasna said:
Kirk, it's looking better than last year! Great to see the garden flourishing again!

-Chris
I'll have some pic's in a day or two, waiting on a nice sunny day. :thumbsup:
 
Guys I'll have garden pics soon as I can get out there :lol:

Boy I sure am glad I threw some fertilizer out ahead of this system, the dam vines are now over my head :mrgreen:

***FLASH FLOOD WATCH*** in effect for much of Southern Kentucky until 7am Sunday.

Additional rainfall amounts could range from 2-4" area-wide by Sunday. It will be a bit warmer Sunday, with highs in the low 80s.

We already have 3 inches so the fertilizer washed in real good.

plenty of tomatoes coming in but its getting into the garden without getting muddy to get them so I'm picking around the edges.
 
Here yu go guys
Reason I put the garden pics in a separate post so I could quote it and add the next pic below last months pic to see the difference from month to month side by side.

Next month I'll take out June so you only see July and Aug.

Dam this shit grew :lol:
Keep in mind this is one month apart.



kirk1701Ã'® said:
Beginning of June, exactly 1 month later for garden :mrgreen:
Will have July Pics up soon and HOLY COW!!!! Tomatoes are as tall as me.

No photoshop needed, yes these are one month appart :lol

1001320_4440672308381_1132196175_n.jpg


1010693_4588881013506_1678596460_n.jpg



8512_4440672628389_1848730097_n.jpg


Now you see why there is so much room between the tomato rows in the May photo's :thumbsup:
They grow and they grow out.
1000822_4588882013531_788903819_n.jpg



1002100_4440672468385_1175452425_n.jpg


I've been working on cutting the leaves off the Okra but have a little left to do yet, this is back breaking but dam its good in February. :lol:
994211_4588882933554_841229014_n.jpg



5846_4440672788393_203547125_n.jpg


1014040_4588883733574_994780859_n.jpg



945656_4440672908396_1814380149_n.jpg


1010067_4588883133559_103949322_n.jpg



972134_4440673068400_310361790_n.jpg


1005965_4588883893578_2020385422_n.jpg

And a few extra's
1011125_4588884133584_2123183014_n.jpg


Makes the vines about 7 feet high right now.
998692_4588884453592_1423538328_n.jpg


There's a row in there somewhere :roll:
The beans just grew too dam fast I couldn't keep up and now I can't get in there so next year the beans go 4 feet apart
970957_4588884653597_169914250_n.jpg


I call this the squash that got away, unlike the fish I have proof it was caught just a little to late, it's too big now.
1005969_4588881213511_424712325_n.jpg
 
The pics look great, I have trouble just growing grass in my garden :)
 
Admin said:
The pics look great, I have trouble just growing grass in my garden :)

Moist
Keep it moist not wet and drowning in water that's the key. The more contact with the soil the seen has the better and best done in the fall after the summer heat breaks.
 
And a few from the orchard.
kirk1701Ã'® said:
5267_4290169025893_630305977_n.jpg


1004011_4588879493468_861940547_n.jpg



941107_4290169385902_2127829601_n.jpg


933883_4588879853477_868874189_n.jpg



Another shot of the peaches.
247075_4290169905915_670800353_n.jpg
Boy did the peach tree's take off but don't know what I did wrong, all the peaches fell off so nothing to brag about this year were going to be buying peaches to put up :hmmm:
Be different if I knew what I did wrong so I'd have learned from it but shit, this sucks.
1011492_4588880453492_664749559_n.jpg
 
Been pretty dam busy
So busy in fact I forgot to take a pic of the first 10 gallon of tomatoes, next day afterwards got these

1005734_4651261012967_1548548314_n.jpg


First 10 gallon did this:
Deseeded tomatoes
1044761_4651260772961_327830327_n.jpg


557280_4651260972966_918398697_n.jpg


Made this
One pot of hot salsa, one mild :thumbsup:
998035_4651261972991_526818505_n.jpg


To this
970995_4651262092994_1801250621_n.jpg



Scraps from deseeding, run through juicer
546846_4651261252973_2125152916_n.jpg


Plus the 5 gallon above made this:
1010820_4651261612982_275932430_n.jpg


To this:
1014454_4651262252998_1136353111_n.jpg


To This:
7 Quarts of juice.
555164_4651262533005_1601348169_n.jpg


Scraps from 15 gallon of tomatoes :mrgreen:
74730_4651261452978_736875415_n.jpg


Juicer
1012852_4651261732985_2070250119_n.jpg
 
Kirk, you need to get a job. :)

You have way toooooo much time on your hands. :P

Good work though. :)
 
nevyn68 said:
Kirk, you need to get a job. :)

You have way toooooo much time on your hands. :P

Good work though. :)

This place is a dam full time job, its a farm actually and I've even started calling it my mini-farm

Give me 10 acres I'd have some cattle and name it South Fork :whistling:

Thanks
Its a lot more involved then throwing out a seed, watering a vine and waiting to harvest the fruit. But in the end you know what your eating and its not full of MSG or other preservative's and fillers.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top