Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

*** WARNING ***

I dont disagree with you, but this picture look very like someone badly edited it in PS using a very old image for the WD. & the 2nd has some components cut in half so incomplete.
I cannot personally attest to the WD drive, as I am not about to open one of mine up, but I did open the drive that would not work for me after fighting (er,,, arguing) with every one that I could, and the image on the right side is the same as the drive that failed that i have sitting on my bench. I was shocked to see how crappy it was inside, as I too thought that the photograph was an attempt to portray something other than what it was supposed to be.

I do intend when my 'brother from another mother' comes over, and have him look through my scrap parts bin (I no longer can walk down stairs), as I never through any components away, and see if I do have a WD SSD drive, as I know I have replaced a few over the years, and then will see what it looks like insde.
 
Wait til you get a "proper" drive and it suddenly can't be accessed in anyway, after transferring a small amount. They told me to plug it into the rear usbs and that did bugger all.....
I know that one of my lodge brothers got a Crucial drive and was in the middle of cloning from another of their drives, when it all of a sudden gave him a message that the destination drive failed. He took it back to dealer where he got it, and they gave him another drive no questions asked. He was at the store this past week and the assistant manger told him that Crucial refused to accept the drive back from them, a retailer, without saying why. They just out right refused. That dealer is having a closeout on them, and does not intend to offer them for sale in the future.
 
  • Like
Reactions: EMS
I reached out to a friend who is the General Manager of a "BIG BOX" computer retailer, he sent me this just a bit ago.

2-SSDs.jpg
 
Size matters.

Well... even though I'd have to open the one Crucial 1TB I do have.. or perhaps the 2TB... these came up from a search from those that love to tear things open.

First up, we have the 480GB circuit board. I'm thinking, this looks similar in size to the one pictured above.
crucial-bx300-ssd-inside.jpg



Then.. and this I could verify, is the 1TB/2TB circuit board. Even this one, from Crucial (MX500 series), doesn't have four, half circle cut outs to fit the enclosure. Unlike the one of the left, pictured above.
crucial-mx500-inside.jpg


imgp0156.jpg


Like I mentioned though, without seeing the casing around that smaller circuit board, I'd guess that it was a 256 to 500MB, not the 1TB.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top