Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

*** WARNING ***

Farquard

Consigliere
V I P
Joined
Jul 30, 2017
Messages
34
Reaction score
53
Points
33
Loc
The State of Confusion
warning.jpg
 
i will watch out, i am looking for a new ssd. thanks
 
A Lodge Brother whom I mentioned this to, said he could have saved me a lot of aggravation. The company he works for, found this out a while ago, after purchasing from a local retailer and having a few failures. The local retailer (a national store chain) told his company that the SSDs and the MEMORY modules would have to be taken care of from Micron/Crucial directly via their RMA/Warranty program. Well, all of the defective items were rejected! As they were not purchased directly from Micron/Crucial, but from an "Authorized Reseller". Seems that if you do not pay full retail price they do not feel they have to replace an item that fails during their 5 year warranty period.
 
My first home PC was a Micron branded unit back in 2000. 1gig CPU and 128 MB of ddr2 (or was it just DDR?) with Windows ME. Paid 1300 bucks back then.

I think I got my first one, just shortly before you did.. in '99. Pentium 500Mhz, with 128.. was Micron as well. I got it with Windows 98SE, and cringed at ME... haha, but that's another story.

Thanks for the update on this Farquard. :)
 
First home computer didn't happen until about 2000/2001 however, I had been using pcs since I was 11..I learnt basic on RML 380/480z's. I also learnt cecil and programmed cecil. I also studied fortran and cobol....
 
In the time since I posted that warning, I have heard from quite a few people that they had been refused a warranty replacement on a drive they bought directly from them. One person took a drive apart and was shocked to find that 2/3rds of the drive enclosure was empty! The was a very small motherboard and it had just two 3/16th thick chips on it.

He sent me a picture of what was inside, along with a picture of a Western Digital drive (both 1 Terabyte in size) and the WD enclosure was full from front to back and side to side. Here is the image he sent me.
drives.jpg
 
I dont disagree with you, but this picture look very like someone badly edited it in PS using a very old image for the WD. & the 2nd has some components cut in half so incomplete.
 
Wait til you get a "proper" drive and it suddenly can't be accessed in anyway, after transferring a small amount. They told me to plug it into the rear usbs and that did bugger all.....
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top