Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Sticky TV Series I Currently Like and Recommend

manilla said:
I am a real big fan of Outlander, i dont know what tv channel it is on here in the UK as i watch it on Amazon Prime

It is a strange tale about a WW11 nurse who gets transported back to Scotland at the time of the Jacobite uprising
Yep. Season 3 just finished. Wife and I watch it every week. (I d/l it from here).
 
I'm no fun at the water cooler. Don't watch tv, don't own one, and haven't for over a decade. Can't tell you how much I love the peace of no commercials blaring at you day and night. Will never buy another tv.
 
We only just finished series 2 of Outlander here in the UK, really looking forward to series 3 when it arrives on Amazon
 
aceospades said:
I'm no fun at the water cooler. Don't watch tv, don't own one, and haven't for over a decade. Can't tell you how much I love the peace of no commercials blaring at you day and night. Will never buy another tv.
I don’t watch TV either, except for the news while I’m having my dinner.

Indeed, I don’t see why I should wait for a show that they want to transmit, when I could just download what I want, watch it when it suits me, stop it for making a cup of coffee or turn it back to remember what had happened before.
 
By accident while looking for something else, I’ve just come across this old 1965 â€" 70 series: Get Smart. It’s a parody of secret agent shows. I’ve only watched the first two episodes so far but it’s hilarious. And bear in mind that I’m not amused easily any more.
 
I'm a big fan of an Australian action/thriller currently coming to a downloader near you. It's called Hyde and Seek.

Fast paced and well plotted with good strong characters... I'm loving it.
 
Katzenfreund said:
By accident while looking for something else, I’ve just come across this old 1965 â€" 70 series: Get Smart.

One of my all time favourites. There was a movie version released a couple of years back starring Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne Johnson and Alan Arkin. That's well worth a watch too.
 
The Blacklist restarted tonight. Now I can get my James Spader fix again. He's one excellent actor.
 
Inspector Montalbano and The Young Montalbano

The second is the prequel to the first. Both TV series are in Italian, but as they were shown by the BBC, they have hard coded English subtitles.

As expected, they reflect the Italian mentality, including attention to food & drink, talking with the hands and an occasional touch of humor. They further differ from American mentality in being more easy going rather than full of dynamic action.

So far I’ve only watched the first episode of each series and I am glad to say that they haven’t been excessively grizzly.

I suggest them as a change from the usual cop shows.

Inspector Montalbano rated 8.5
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0920489/

The Young Montalbano
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2259665/
 
Broadchurch Season 3 is already in episode 7 out of 8. A highly rated (8.7/10) Brit cop show, each story of which spreads over 8 episodes. Judging by the first two seasons and the high rating, it is recommended.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top