Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

My new ISP

NavyRet

Yes, that's really me
V I P
DW Legend
Joined
Jan 1, 1970
Messages
973,662
Reaction score
715
Points
201
Loc
The Pegasus Galaxy
Got cable internet today. Upped my speeds by a factor of 10:
3112510443.png


I'm so happy
clap.gif
 
I've been on cable too for the last couple of years and found it more economic, reliable and fast than the previous line connection, though nothing like the above speed.

But the trouble with higher speeds is that they're of little use when the hosts cap downloads anyway. Some other sites do too.
 
Man you have to be loving that. I'm on high speed DSR...I think that's what you call it ,it'd not cable although we may switch . Hope you enjoy your new connection FB :-)
 
Someone answer me this: How come the ONLY time EVER that I see speeds faster then 2 megs per sec download is when I use one of those bandwidth test sites? Mine shows 16 megs download speed but I sure as heck never see that speed when I download ANYTHING from ANYWHERE... not from torrents... not from any filehost... nor from any website...

I am starting to suspect that the only sites that actually have those fast speeds.. are bandwidth test sites.
 
because b4e......where you download them from have limitations on speed ;) or you do it at rush hours :D


I miss dial up and acoustic couplers.............NOT! lol
 
All the file host sites cap downloads, but it's also due to the fact that you're d/l from Europe, across the ocean and half a continent with all the hops in between. Every hop slows it down. The bandwidth test uses the closest place to you that has the fastest ping. Try using the bandwidth test on a site in Europe or Asia - you'll see a significant drop in speed. I do see an awesome increase in web page loading, especially from Amazon as they load so much crap into each page.
 
My ISP Provider / During Peak times cause its suppose to be 110 Mpbs

vrDIxg.png


My Mobile Carrier

Qn7IuN.jpg
 
I was joking with a friend my mobile carrier speeds are probably better than any ISP in India. :) I'm so wrong. :harhar:
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top