Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

How did you choose your nickname?

Katzenfreund

The Oracle
V I P
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
2,452
Reaction score
312
Points
113
Loc
Europe
This is a popular thread on many boards, so we can have it here too.

There are some strange nicknames around and itââ'¬â"¢s natural to wonder how people came about using them. And it gives a chance to learn how people think, perhaps how they see themselves.

Starting with my case, I chose it because I like cats and it also goes well with my favorite cat avatar. I have been using the two on nearly all warez boards I have joined over the years.

So how/why did you pick your nickname? :)
 
Mine is a boring nick for my name Mark B.
Is far quicker typing things in all lowercase.
Also I couldn't use bmark24-7 as it was already taken waaaaaay back in the days of MiRC.....
 
Nevyn is a character is a series of books written by Katherine Kerr.
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_in_the_Deverry_cycle
It literally means No One and on the web I am one of a whole bunch of no ones in particular.
 
Eat my shorts :D Do I need to expand really? It wasn't me!
 
first initial, and last name. seemed easy for an old guy like me to remember.

-Chris
 
Well I'm old and I'm one person (Oldone) and the 3pp part is because at the time I could not remember the name of C-3PO from star wars :roll: :lol:
 
Can't remember, but i've been called it for some 35 years now.. so it's more my name than a nickname.
 
Just letters. Back in the old forumw days, I didn't know what to use so I just kind of jabbed a finger at the keyboard for a few letters. Today, it's something I can remember so I keep using it. I've never been accused of having an imagination.
 
heh as I can remember, think when joining a board was reading newspaper and used a name of a journalist
 
My screen name was my callsign/codename from another time. I no longer use it on warez type sites and now use this one which means something in German.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top