Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Epson printers SUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
true but that's besides the point. Navy wants CD printing capability and afaik not 1 laser can do that
 
I have Epson DX7450, yes inkjet sucks. Every time head cleaning and wastes ink. Scanner is good. but it can print only 200 pages if I'm lucky.
 
canon's printhead cleaning barely use any ink. 1picoliter nozzles ^^
 
I just changed my HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 today

The user interface said I installed the last black cartridge April 2012 which was when I bought the printer

Cartridge runs $30
 
I've got an Epson SX series printer/scanner/memory card reader and I had no problems with it until I ran out of ink....and that is only because I don't have the spare cash for it....the fake ink cartridges are pants and don't work very well with it especially when it comes to printing A4 photos on proper photo paper
 
I have an HP deskjet 3510 because that was what was in my price range at wal-mart at the time ($80) - but in retrospect I now realize I paid for features I don't need. Like the ability to send a pic to be printed out right from my smartphone. How many times have I done that in the 8 months I have owned this printer? Zero times.

I tried buying a cheap online replacement ink cartridge but that did not work out well at all... it went dry after 3 pages - so I will just suffer the cost and buy real ink cartridges from now on.. Having a printer is handy when you need one - but some months go by where me and GF never use it.. some months we use it 2 or 3 times... some months 8 or 9 times.. and some months.. not at all.

But.. i guess its one of those things we can't live without...
 
i use mine pretty much on a daily basis, and the CD capability too. Remember my TV show collection i posted on old Dirtywarez? It's grown quite a lot since then ^^
 
My philosophy is that you only need a printer if you need a printer. And I actually manage without one, though I get a fair amount of printing done. I consider this an informed decision after investigating the alternatives.

Because for printing photos, any decent photo lab will do a better job and cheaper. And for printing text, a corresponding printer’s outlet including large bookshops, will use a laser with better quality and, if you do a proper calculation, probably work out cheaper too.

So unless you want the convenience of home printing or get a more versatile combo that does other jobs too, an inkjet is not worthwhile.
 
have the Epson 645workforce all in one, have used Epson since dot matrix printers and thermal paper, no ink back then, never had a problem, maybe you just had a lemon. I guess it depends on how much you use it, office work may be too much, I do know the newer printers like mine use micro ink spray, way less, my last one 6000cx Epson used a bit of ink. also I read do not turn the printer off and on, it will automatically clean the head every time wasting a ton of ink, leave it on it will save big time and last 3 times as long easily, that is for all brands of inkjet or desktop printers, :smoke:
 
bum4evr said:
I have an HP deskjet 3510 because that was what was in my price range at wal-mart at the time ($80) - but in retrospect I now realize I paid for features I don't need. Like the ability to send a pic to be printed out right from my smartphone. How many times have I done that in the 8 months I have owned this printer? Zero times.

I tried buying a cheap online replacement ink cartridge but that did not work out well at all... it went dry after 3 pages - so I will just suffer the cost and buy real ink cartridges from now on.. Having a printer is handy when you need one - but some months go by where me and GF never use it.. some months we use it 2 or 3 times... some months 8 or 9 times.. and some months.. not at all.

But.. i guess its one of those things we can't live without...

I think my mom gets more use out of mine then I do
Probably should make her buy the ink since its more expensive then the coupons she prints

Code:
http://www.coupons.com/couponweb/offers.aspx?pid=14602&nid=10&zid=yf73

But oh we'll, she's worth it :lotpot:
I think :hmmm:
 
Yeah, I'm gonna try the Canon 7220 and see what happens. At least the price is right so if I don't like it, I'm not out a lotta $$.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top