Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Epson printers SUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyRet

Yes, that's really me
V I P
DW Legend
Joined
Jan 1, 1970
Messages
973,662
Reaction score
715
Points
201
Loc
The Pegasus Galaxy
Epson printers SUCK ink like there's no tomorrow. I just went through $60 worth of ink to clean the damn print head. Come to find out that if I don't print something every other day or so, the damn ink in the print head dries and clogs it up because the holes are so small.

And I can't even use after market ink because the damn printer reads the chips on the cartridges and will only accept original Epson cartridges.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with it because there are very few printers available within my price range and that will fit in my limited space that will also print on printable CDs and DVDs.

<end of rant>
 
Guess you havent heard of the canon pixma series then. After my canon pixma iP4700 finally gave out after 3-4 years i bought the newer Pixma iP 7250. Very affordable (as all canon products are), last a long time. I've used canon products for over a decade now (ifnot longer), never dissappointed me. i use professional grade refill ink & inkholders and the quality is exactly the same as official canon ink (only a lot cheaper ^^). Canon's can sit idle for days, weeks and the ink will be just as good as when new. No clogging.

Canon Pixma iP 7250!!

Code:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/canon-pixma-ip7250_Printer_review

another think i hate about epson is they're pretty much the same as lexmar. Need new ink? might as well buy a new printer :p
 
All inkjets suck when it comes to ink costs. Never buy a printer if you can't get good, third party ink. Ask at the time of buying. Quality is not quite as good, but cost can be far less and you don't need top quality all the time.

bzTfAF2.jpg


All things considered - price, performance, ink costs - Canons have always been the best buy. If you have the space, it's better value to get a combi with printer, scanner, copier, even fax. And because these also use ink, it doesn't dry as much.
 
I have a Canon Pixma iP 4000R works great, and the one & only time it clogged all I did was give the ink heads a damp (tepid water) cloth clean then run a couple of test sheets and it's good as gold again.
 
actually i never recommend getting a combo device, yes they're cheaper than getting a printer and scanner seperately but if 1 thing breaks on such a combo you lose everything. Scanner breaks? you lose printing & copying. Printer breaks? You lose scanning when ya send that thing in for repair. You don't have that issue with seperate devices. Scanner breaks, well ya lose scanning but ya still have ur printer
 
We have a Kodak Hero 9.1 The ink is not to expensive and so far it has been trouble free. Sorry your having so much trouble, it cost 225 clams new. Hope you have better luck soon. FB PS we have had it a year now.
 
Canon ip7250 is not available in the US. ip7220 is, but many user reviews call it slow and noisy. I had a Canon ip4200 that went belly up in 2012 and that's when I got the Epson because I couldn't find any Canons locally available. I prefer to buy a printer locally instead of mail order. Just very depressing. UGH!
 
ya can find that 7250 on ebay and prob amazon too. It is maybe a little noisy y, but that's only the paper grabbing part and has always been that way. If not try the 7150? or use the canon site & filter em out
 
7250 on Amazon: $123 PLUS $102.40 for shipping. I dunn think so; not available on ebay.
7150 not available on either site. Guess I'll grab the 7220 from Amazon for $74.
 
yes won't be disappointed, once you go canon you don't (or shouldn't) go back. I sure don't
 
Been running a HP4 laser since the early ninety's. Get a new $70 toner cartridge every 20-26 months.
 
Color lasers cost more to buy but less to run. They are fast, the toner doesn't dry up and they produce excellent text. But their photo quality isn't quite up to that of good inkjets. They're a good choice if you do a lot of printing, especially text.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top