N
nevyn68
Re: Brit girl commits suicide after being trolled on social
This sounds harsh but as a parent you have to learn how to bully your kids.
In small ways and then give them a cuddle.
If they do something wrong, yes, yell at them.
Then explain what they did wrong and how not to do it again.
(ie. Last night I threatened to delete all Miss 8's DS games from her DS if she didn't shut up and eat her dinner.)
I would have followed through with it too. The only thing is I have a complete backup of all the games and saves she has so at some point I would have put them back but I didn't have to.
She had a small cry, ate her dinner and I gave her a cuddle when she was finished.
Even every once and a while give them a smack if it is needed.
Showing tough love at times followed by soft love will teach them how to deal with bullies even if they don't realise it.
Too many parent don't show enough of anything to their kids and their kids know that their parents don't really care.
I had those sorts of parents and that why my sister is dead but my parents don't even realise it's their fault the road she took.
I on the other hand worked out right from wrong regardless of my parents lack influence.
So the fact that neither of her parents noticed anything doesn't surprise me.
The fact her friends didn't does.
This sounds harsh but as a parent you have to learn how to bully your kids.
In small ways and then give them a cuddle.
If they do something wrong, yes, yell at them.
Then explain what they did wrong and how not to do it again.
(ie. Last night I threatened to delete all Miss 8's DS games from her DS if she didn't shut up and eat her dinner.)
I would have followed through with it too. The only thing is I have a complete backup of all the games and saves she has so at some point I would have put them back but I didn't have to.
She had a small cry, ate her dinner and I gave her a cuddle when she was finished.
Even every once and a while give them a smack if it is needed.
Showing tough love at times followed by soft love will teach them how to deal with bullies even if they don't realise it.
Too many parent don't show enough of anything to their kids and their kids know that their parents don't really care.
I had those sorts of parents and that why my sister is dead but my parents don't even realise it's their fault the road she took.
I on the other hand worked out right from wrong regardless of my parents lack influence.
So the fact that neither of her parents noticed anything doesn't surprise me.
The fact her friends didn't does.