Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What has happened to this site?

"I find it just as quick as I would any other way"

Except it's demonstrably not. Previously the option was under the search and would default. So I entered the site, entered a search term, and there's the results. Now I have to go to advanced (new page) and select options to achieve the same result.

It might be a "few mouse clicks", but from a user perspective it's more time (think cumulatively not individually) and from a site perspective it now has to serve another page per search.

I'm not arguing right or wrong, just putting in an opinion as to how I feel it's degraded, which can be backed up be measurable metrics if pushed. I saw everyone saying it was no worse and figured I chip in to support the OP.

"You could have just entered the IMDb reference and it would have come up try it...."

So now people need to lookup the IMDB reference to find things that previously just worked by name? Not sure that's the positive you think it is.

Again, don't really care for the right or wrong of it. Realistically it doesn't impact me much - but it does impact me. I also trust those making the calls to be doing so based on there being a net positive.
 
I made the box checked to search titles only, results are as you would expect now.
 
I like the new format as well. It seems more compact, so it is easier to scan through the pages. For searching, I have to remember to click "search titles only" to get more concise results.
 
So now people need to lookup the IMDB reference to find things that previously just worked by name? Not sure that's the positive you think it is.

A lot of people that can't find what they are looking for, usually post a request, this request needs to have an IMDb link or another information link. However, IMDb is used very widely, so that one has stuck.

I understand its several clicks not one EACH time you perform a search. I don't think too much about it because I seem to do a lot of clicking on the mouse and therefore several isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things but its still more cost effective than buying whatever you're looking for.

Some people can't find what they are after, that's why we have the request section. Some things you'll be lucky to be able to purchase it online or the cost of it is silly, I guess that's why users of the forum don't really complain much about the search....

Anyway, seems T has done some tinkering....
 
Strange problem I am having (& it is only happening on this site) when I log in and go into any section it shows the exact same entries that were there last time I visited.
But if I hit refresh it updates the section that I am in immediately and all the new posts appear . Only started doing it two days ago.
EDIT: But I have to refresh "every section" I visit on the site separately or it stays the same as it was.
 
Last edited:
Strange problem I am having (& it is only happening on this site) when I log in and go into any section it shows the exact same entries that were there last time I visited.
But if I hit refresh it updates the section that I am in immediately and all the new posts appear . Only started doing it two days ago.
EDIT: But I have to refresh "every section" I visit on the site separately or it stays the same as it was.
It might be your cookies.....clean them out and then try it again.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top