Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Sticky TV Series I Currently Like and Recommend

Speaking of British cop shows, anyone heard of Midsomer Murders? It's been around since 1997 and is still continuing on to this day.
 
I had downloaded a lot of episodes of Midsomer Murders and watched several, but didn't know it's still continuing. I'll update my stock then.
 
In the process on watching Call The Midwife- not everyone cam tolerate to see a loooooot of babies getting born, but it brings a lot of memories, most of them sad.
The other interesting is Tyrant
And of course Game of Throne, Vikings, and as always -- FRIENDS-----
 
I bump the thread to draw attention to the OP Update with additions of recommended prominent Italian, German and Swedish cop TV Series (with hard-coded English subtitles).
 
Another British cop series worth watching is Death in Paradise. A (very) British inspector is transferred to a fictitious island in the Caribbean. But he hates the sun, sea and seafood.

I've only watched three episodes so far, so this is my provisional opinion. Though not quite up to the standard of Morse, it presents convincing clues for deducing the culprit and proving his guilt, which is not always the case in cop stories. A somewhat objectionable character(istic) that I find, is a smartass woman sergeant that I don't particularly like.

Code:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1888075/
 
For fans of the classic who-dun-it scenarios, a good source is the old TV series:

Ellery Queen (1975-6), rated 8.4.

Numerous well known actors & actresses appear in the episodes, giving them an above the average quality.

The stories couldn't get any more typical of the kind, and at some stage the viewer is asked whether he has guessed the culprit before the latter is revealed. But don't set your hopes of success too high.

Epis are easy to find, e.g. DailyMotion has all of them, from where they can be downloaded by standard tools.
 
Thanks for reminding me of this series. I already had them on an old data dvd in avi format. Just put them on the computer and recoded them to mkv so I can stream them to my big TV in the living room.
 
Line of Duty (BBC TV Series 2012– ) rated 8.5

BBC's highest-ranked and award winning current cop series.

It centers on the operations of the anti-corruption unit within Central Police, to which Detective Sergeant Arnott is transferred.

Four series have come out so far, each consisting of 6 epis on a specific case. I've just finished watching the third series, which I found fascinating, the best one so far. I particularly like the thoroughness and convincing reasoning of interrogations of suspects.
Code:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_Duty
 
So I've just finished watching the 6 epis of Bodyguard, another highly-rated British cop series by the same author as Line of Duty above.

Bodyguard (2018- ) 8.5
Code:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7493974/
The hero is a war veteran sergeant, acting as bodyguard to the Home Secretary, who gets mixed up in a political, police and intelligence intrigue. The series ends with a cliff-hanging scene and a couple of twists.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top