Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Sticky TV Series I Currently Like and Recommend

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you. But he's not really paranoid, he's obsessive/compulsive to the nth degree. It's a great series, though. Wife and I binge watched them all about a year ago.
 
I just started watching True Detective, an HBO original series. I'm only 3 episodes into it, but I'm pretty hooked already. I love mystery/thrillers, it has Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson starring in it.

Code:
http://imdb.com/title/tt2356777
 
All I am into right now, today, are two series....

a UK quiz show.. THE CHASER ... not sure if they still make this, we only get repeats twice a day, Rianne and I watch it without fail (if we can)

and of course, the new series of Doctor Who.... although I'm starting to think the stories are pretty crap now and Peter Capaldi is probably the worst doctor ever.... well.... no.... Jon Pertwee was worse.... well.... pretty much all the old doctors were worse... y'know, from the 1970's....
 
About a year ago, I tried watching the old Dr Who in b&w, but found it rather dated.

The new one in color was better, certainly spectacle wise. But again, after some episodes it stopped being convincing enough for me. E.g. he carries a kind of technological miracle pen that is sometimes omnipotent and sometimes does nothing, without me being able to figure out its exact capabilities. Though it’s still watchable, I’ve found the brit cop series in the OP much more to my liking.

I’m only sorry I’ve finished Foyle’s War (my favorite), while A Touch of Frost (that I like next) is also approaching the end. And sadly, there don’t seem to be comparable new series appearing.
 
The "pen" is actually a screw driver, in fact, a sonic screw driver... far fetched? Actually... they are developing one now.... and in the series, its no more... its been replaced by a pair of sunglasses... :)
 
Wallander

On the occasion of the recent death of the celebrated Swedish writer Henning Mankell, I decided to watch a couple of TV episodes of his created character Wallander, police inspector in a southern Swedish town.

My impression so far is that it’s certainly watchable, though probably not quite as good as the best Brit cop series named in the OP. American viewers may also find that it’s not as full of fast action as corresponding series produced in their country, but this applies to most European series.

However, this is preliminary. I intend to watch the remaining episodes and may come back with a revised opinion.
 
Update on Castle

Having watched the first 5 series, I’ve now stopped, as the show has been progressively becoming more of a soap opera, or maybe soppy is a more suitable word, than a cop story.

But as I’ve already watched 5 series of it, the first of which were good(ish), I won’t remove the show from the B list for the time being.
 
The Sweeney

Old Brit cop series from 1975â€"1978, when police methods were more old fashioned. The series was considered ground breaking at the time and is still well remembered in the UK.

In the leading role is a young John Thaw, the well known DCI Morse, who portrays a hard-edged detective in the Flying Squad of London's Metropolitan Police.

I’ve watched three episodes so far. Though rated at a respectable 8.1 at imdb, and quite watchable, I do not (yet) add it to the OP recommended list, because it seems based more on action than logical deduction. But I reserve final judgment.

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071059/

2XlIlCl.jpg
 
It's got to be Houdini and Doyle, for me. Ok! I admit it, I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes. :whistling:

buzz said:
Game of Thrones is interesting, so is the The Following

Not surprised.... ;) All that raw sex....Ok, maybe just a little titillation.. :lotpot:
 
I am a real big fan of Outlander, i dont know what tv channel it is on here in the UK as i watch it on Amazon Prime

It is a strange tale about a WW11 nurse who gets transported back to Scotland at the time of the Jacobite uprising
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top