Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should TikTok be banned in the US?

Should TIkTok be banned in the US?

  • YES

    Votes: 9 81.8%
  • NO

    Votes: 2 18.2%

  • Total voters
    11
While not a tic tok fan, they can be funny.
Do I use is it regularly? NO.
But I have seen it and some are just dumb azz stupid.
If you want to ban this then you would want to limit free speech..... A HARD NO HERE..
You will be hard pressed to not use something because is was from China.
This is the world we live in.....
While most of us I think are US members, we do have many great members from other countries.

China has been in our backdoor for years.
And we have been in theirs also.....
Does it suck? YES
Will I still check it out at times? YES

It is what it is.....

I am so happy to be a baby of the 50's.

It was a great time to be alive......
 
My Daughter reasonably regularly sends through tic toc clips that can be quite funny, or just simply interesting.

I would prefer if she would not view that platform at all but suggesting that to a 29 year old is fruitless. Yet it can be good for a few laughs. She's smart educated and I just see no reason why she would subject herself to all the other rubbish on there. The issue as I see it is the myriad of garbage that simply is not healthy for anyone to be exposed to, casually or otherwise, and that seems to be the majority of it.

It concerns me that while she spots a gem or two, she is exposed to a world of absolute trash just by nature of how tic toc works. And that goes for every other child, kid, young adult, out there. Adults are who they are at that stage of life, so if they enjoy the garbage on there, no ban will protect them. Stopping the young however that can be done should be the priority and if that means banning the app, so be it.

The Chinese aspect is a whole other matter, and in my view a big one, whether US related or any allied nation as we are. I have very firm views and concerns about China, none of them positive.

For me, this world we live in now has crossed too many red lines, pushed too many boundaries, and damaged too many youngn's with stress, anxiety, suicide, feeling like they have to keep up with the other (who in many cases are damaged goods themselves), and has in simple terms deteriorated significantly over the past 50 years. Technology ?

Allowing applications like this, and other unfettered platforms to exist, continues to unravel society and morals that youngn's need in order to grow up with a healthy mind (not talking about religion etc, just positively focused), to prosper career wise, health wise, and as caring individual.
 
My Daughter reasonably regularly sends through tic toc clips that can be quite funny, or just simply interesting................
I do think the platforms are here to stay as old farts like me dont really make up the majority and have no say or influence on these.

Come on, who cares if you spill your milk on the cat and record it..
And even worse is those that record scenes that are staged just so they get hits.. BORING AND STUPID...

While I agree, I do think it is here for the long haul and people like me have no say....

Watching Tic Tik or politicians on the net ....Hmmm, Not much difference these days. Both are full of BS and a waste of time.:p

Great comment Kramming and spot on mate ;)
 
regarding the comments given above, I think the media in general is in the same category with very little choice given. I stick to books and music where choice is unlimited and pleasure is guaranteed.
 
TikTok is destroying the fabric of western culture. other than providing a platform for spreading counter-culture, they are collecting data on it's users.

"We should support whatever the enemy opposes and oppose whatever the enemy supports"

Mao Zedong


edit: i should have called for a ban in all western countries; not just the US
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top