Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Poetry Everyday

b1u3eyes

Swabbie
Joined
Jul 4, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
42
Points
18
Loc
On the Earth
Words speak itself with rhymes.

There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there.

Emily Dickinson
 
Enjoy the little things
For one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

Robert Breault
 
A Quiet Kind of Love"

It's not the thunder, nor the flame,
Not loud confessions made in vain.
But rather in the quiet gaze,
The hand held firm through storm and haze.

It's morning light on tangled hair,
The whispered "stay," the silent care.
The knowing smile, the steady heart,
That chooses you when days fall apart.

Love doesn't shout; it softly grows,
Through all the highs, through all the lows.
A tender truth, both strong and kind—
The rarest gift two souls can find.
 
SPIT AND SMILE

Raining words
Like bubbles in beer.
Meanings lost in dread.
A glass out of a glass
Ever-empty, once so full.
The child in a man.
Love lost beyond love.
Dreaming in a memory
Of a vision I had so far
Held my rage and fear.
Letting my mind slip
In the release of a tear.
Defeat in the head
Had kept me on the move.
I had faced the truth
And drunk to oblivion's depth.
 
If I Could Hold a Moment"


If I could hold a moment still,
I'd catch the breath when all is still—
When your eyes meet mine across the room,
And time forgets to chase its doom.


If I could paint the air we share,
It'd shimmer soft like midnight air,
With stars that hum a silent tune
Of hearts that dance beneath the moon.


You are the quiet in my storm,
The fire that keeps my spirit warm.
No poem, song, or line can prove
The weight, the wings, the depth of love.
 
"Where You Are"


I don't need maps or miles to see
The only place I long to be.
Not distant shores or skies afar—
Just anywhere you simply are.


Your laughter is my favorite song,
It plays in me the whole day long.
And in your voice, I find the peace
That makes all wandering softly cease.


I need no gold, no grand parade,
No promises that quickly fade—
Just you, and time, and skies of blue,
And dreams that start and end with you.
 
What is important is not the length of life, but the depth of life: not to make life longer, but to take your soul out of time, as every sublime act does.

Leo Tolstoy
 
"Like Breathing"


Loving you is like breathing air,
So natural, I'm unaware—
Until you're gone, and then I see
How much your presence means to me.


A glance, a touch, a quiet word,
More healing than a songbird heard.
You anchor me when skies are wild,
And make the weary heart feel child.


No need for roses, vows, or skies—
Just stay, and look me in the eyes.
For in that gaze, I clearly see
That love was always meant to be.
 
Love is ethereal
lingering in laughter & a quiet smile
warm embrace and a gentle sigh
a tender glance -
that can weather any storm
mile after mile.
Love is a journey -
calm, but wild.
 
A billion stars go spinning through the night,
glittering above your head,
But in you is the presence that will be when all the stars are dead.

― Rainer Maria Rilke,
The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top