Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Now I got myself in a fix

  • Thread starter Thread starter kirk1701®
  • Start date Start date
K

kirk1701®

Sure enough, good fix and I'm screwed

Told my mom I'd teach her how to use a computer :ninja:

Last time we tried this I was told I started in the middle and the middle was how to turn on the computer :arrow:

Any advice on how to teach old women new tricks :lol:
 
don't they have computer classes for senior citizens at ur place :)
 
yep my advice....lots and lots and lots and lots of patience :D
 
Only advice I can give is NEVER offer to teach any family member how to use a computer - same as NEVER buy or sell anything from/to a family member. It can only end up causing problems.

If I were you, I would gently tell my Mom that it might be better if she learned from a profession instructor/teacher since they are trained in how to present lesson plans and such.

Just sayin ....
 
Niman said:
Ch3vr0n said:
don't they have computer classes for senior citizens at ur place :)

He's asking about his mom, not him... :P

i know that, i just assumed they were living in the same general area :). Same as in my case. There are places here that teach senior citizens and less tech-savy ppl on how to use the basic functions of a computer.

I teach my mom too on occasions but she often forgets it after a while, causing me to having to explain it again and if it'll take too long i just do it myself in minutes what would take her way longer.

Patience is the key though :)
 
Ch3vr0n said:
Niman said:
Ch3vr0n said:
don't they have computer classes for senior citizens at ur place :)

He's asking about his mom, not him... :P

i know that, i just assumed they were living in the same general area :). Same as in my case. There are places here that teach senior citizens and less tech-savy ppl on how to use the basic functions of a computer.

I teach my mom too on occasions but she often forgets it after a while, causing me to having to explain it again and if it'll take too long i just do it myself in minutes what would take her way longer.

Patience is the key though :)

Only one problem here Ch3vr0n
No excuse here for me, I used to be an instructor at a Junior College and taught computer classes :lol:

I've never run across anyone like my mom though with all my students I never seen anyone that couldn't control the pointer with a mouse :hmmm:

I'm not starting with the basics here I'm literally teaching her to crawl before she will be able to walk. :roll:

Kind of wonder if this would help her along xxx for women.com :thumbsup:
 
Again, it reminds me of this from the Fun section.

YV7lWfS.jpg


Then thereââ'¬â"¢s the quote:
Talking to her about computer hardware I make my mother board.

On a more serious note, NavyRetââ'¬â"¢s general advice not to do business with relatives is very sound.
 
There are plenty of Dummies guides for them to read.
Remember the Yoda quote: "Do or do not. There is no try".
Country music and whiskey won't help you here....or will they?
 
Katzenfreund said:
On a more serious note, NavyRetââ'¬â"¢s general advice not to do business with relatives is very sound.

Now that I totally agree with, live and learn.

bmark240 said:
There are plenty of Dummies guides for them to read.
Remember the Yoda quote: "Do or do not. There is no try".
Country music and whiskey won't help you here....or will they?

Now that's an idea, get her drunk she will learn :thumbsup:
 
Oh and the next time any of you want to wonder where the hair on my head went, wasn't kids it was parents that caused that baldness so fare warning they can be just like kids or even worse.

Sometimes you have to put your foot down and be the parent.
 
Start at the beginning with the question of what do you know?
Then take it from there.
This is a mouse.
This is a keyboard.
This is a monitor. (The Mrs still thinks the monitor is the computer half the time.)
This is the on button.

If at any point she starts at you then walk away.
Get a beer and drink it before going back. :P
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top