Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

It WORKED! W11 on an unsupported computer... but!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Denyse
  • Start date Start date
I am not sure if I can use img codes or not but if I can, here is what I accomplished last night.

Denyse-W11-XPS.jpg
 
IMG code is fine as long as its done properly....some people use photo hosts that won't work here. I used to use Imgur but they expect you to sign up with them now and I'm not into all that jazz anymore. cutting corners to save time is a better bet lol

I was just having a look and the only way that can have an upgraded CPU you have to change the mobo too....not very cost effective. I guess that's why I like building my own lol
 
I just don't have the knowledge or ability to build my own laptop. I desktop, I have done, but a laptop is way beyond my abilities.
 
I just don't have the knowledge or ability to build my own laptop. I desktop, I have done, but a laptop is way beyond my abilities.

Truly, it's the same as a desktop. All it takes is a screwdriver...and, a more delicate touch when it comes to removing components. Most of the components are connected to the board, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, via mylar connecting cables. The clips that hold these tape-like connectors can be easily broken, so again, a delicate touch is needed to open the clips to release the cables.

Other than that, keeping an eye on how many screws you've removed and where they go, is all you need. Some laptop screens are easily replaced as well... some lids are held together with small screws, most just snap together, so have to be careful there when separating them.

Once you get used to it, it's not such a big deal.
 
I do appreciate the words of encouragement, but I would rather leave it up to someone like yourself, who has done it and has a better grasp of all the things that can go wrong. Letting someone who know how to disarm a land mine is the same sort of thing, it is not something to try when if does not go right there is no second chance; as could happen if I attempted to work on my only laptop computer. Now if you need someone to service your Leica Camera, that I can do, as I know where every little lever and spring goes.

BTW... I can also service many a weapon, some blindfolded. But that is for a different discussion.
 
Truly, it's the same as a desktop. All it takes is a screwdriver...and, a more delicate touch when it comes to removing components. Most of the components are connected to the board, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, via mylar connecting cables. The clips that hold these tape-like connectors can be easily broken, so again, a delicate touch is needed to open the clips to release the cables.

Yep the connectors can be rather fiddly and a wire could easily come out if you don't do it properly. I've stripped laptops and they definitely need a bit of a careful touch a bit like cameras.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top