Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ever been in a fight?

I got into it with this guy and loss, I got a broken nose, but I was willing to fight him again which he didn't want
 
Once, guess it was a draw, no-one got seriously hurt. In Poland if you get jumped and beat up the attacker you may go to jail. They don't care if you defended yourself.
 
I'm 78 years old and have had only one scuffle in my adult life. It happened in 1980 on the streets of San Francisco when an Irishman insisted on trying to pick up my date for the night. He just kept talking and became more and more verbally aggressive. I could see a fight was about to happen, and I was in a defensive stance facing him like a boxer, with my left elbow resting in high guard on my right hand. A fight erupted between the Irishman and my short New York poet roommate. They grappled, and, as I had warned the Irishman, if he got into a fight with my friend I was going to pull him off. I easily got him in a rear‑naked choke, and it was just him trying to buck me off. After about a half‑minute of squirming, he broke free. The Irishman was strong—I'll give you that. But I held up my hands and told him to disengage, and he broke it off. No punches were thrown; everything was grappling.
 
Never through choice. I've been jumped twice, both times by drunks, both times on Friday nights. I can't drink so I was totally sober. One of them ran off after I punched him in the face (not particularly hard - I'm hardly George Foreman) he just seemed startled I'd fought back, the second ran when he realised I was with a bunch of friends.
 
yeah a few last one really fucked up my knuckle. hand was swollen for like a week
 
I was in my first fight ever this year. I am 29 years old. I had bottled up emotions at the moment over a couple of life stresses. I was walking my dogs as I always do, but there was this guy which I had noticed before that he walks his dog without a leash. He looked older than me, but not crazy old, probably late thirties or middle, skinny type. His unleashed dog always bothered me. I had already planned that if we ever cross path with my dogs on a leash and his dog get close to mine, I was gonna make a scene. And so that happened. Dude's dog came close to mine one day, I was a bit high and I saw my opportunity. My dogs started barking and so, not proud but you gotta know, this is how you deal with street dogs in my country, I threw a rock to the ground to startle the unleashed dog and scare him away. Then the guy showed up, while my dogs were barking and pulling me from the leash, I started acting dramatic asking him to please please grab his dog and put a leash on her. At the beggining he wanted to calm me down and try to be like no my dog is harmless and not put a leash on his dog, but my dogs were barking, they were pulling me hard and I was like dude just please please grab your dog, my dogs are going crazy I don't want them to hurt your dog. He finally accepted and when he did I turned around and told him please keep your dog on a leash. Then I walked away and dude was furious. He starte yelling as I walked away trying to just ignore him but he kept saying shit until somewhere there I exploted. I walked back still with my dogs leash on my hands and stood eye to eye and told him who the fuck you think you are. Dude obviously saw my intend to fight and didnt back down. I did'nt back down neither which lead to a headbutt from my side. I was long time honestly looking for a fight and I found it and once I did and was about to start, I realized how stupid the idea was. My dog freaked out and where still on my hand. Dude's hands were free of his dog. So he started grabbing me or punching me, not remember, and I couldn't do anything because my dog were still in my hands. They ran away and had to lose the leash. I tried get on a stand and try to fight back, but then he said something. He said: "i am going to kill you". That scared me cold. I immediatly regreted the position I was. Never though a fight was gonna lead to that. I know. That is a silly assumption but honestly, I fantasized too much about a fight that didn;t realize what they really meant. At the moment I understood. So, guy fired up after everything I did, was not backing down. I am well built, also skinny, but a lifetime of exercise including boxing, swimming, basketball and crossfit. Therefore I was able to grab him with my arms and tell him: stop stop, calm down. Dude was offended and immediatly was like wtf you mean calm down, I am going to beat you. He gave me couple of punches in the face, I was still going for the grab and immovilize tactic. Then there was this moment which impress both of us, he tried to kick my feet to lose my stance and he found a rock solid position. Still proud about that. He couldnt take me down. But I realized that I wasnt planning to keep this fight because of the big kill word he threw. Therefore I grabbed him one last time, told him as much as I could you won you won you won and stepped back, grab my dogs and walked away home. The aftermath of this fight was my dad looking at me, tell him what happened, tell him he threatened me with death and my dad was like. Lets find these guy. We got in the car until we find him and my dad was like my son told me you punched him. Dude immediatly folded and started playing the victim. I was baffled how the though guy I just had to walk away was suddenly sayin hey I am a nice guy. I am not saying I am not in fault on here, but he was denying any wrong doing on his side. Honestly, long story short, he ended up moving away not long after, he was a foreigner, so it never scalted to anything else, but a big lesson on the stupidity of street fights. Consider me learned.
 
The normal fights in my younger years in school aside,does it count as a fight when the other guy looking to fight you completely doesn't pay any attention to where he's walking and falls down a open drainage grate?
 
I've been in fights although I don't enjoy them at all. Mostly got beaten up and helped/fled. Once or twice got the upper hand but felt like shit afterwards. Wouldn't recommend, 2/10.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top