Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ever been in a fight?

Only a little kid one in the fourth grade and it was more throwing each other around in the snow than a fight.
 
Does an all you can eat buffet first opening in Shanghai count? Got pummelled by a nai nai at the sashimi booth.
 
This was a fun read. I used to be good at fighting in school, but nothing too personal, sometimes were were fighting for the sake of it. I remember it as a good experience, wasn't really trying to hurt the other person ( maybe technically I was haha). I can talk about this for so long. now I don't think I'm close enough to anyone to fight like that.
 
Now that I'm going on 77, it's been a while. Spent nearly 16 yrs of my working career overseas. Only got into 3 fights in all that time and all them with "Frogs". For some unknown reason, these Frenchies had a big chip on their shoulder over the fact, as I liked to say, that if it wasn't for us, they'd all still be speaking German. Never started any of them but never ran away from one. So let me set the "Wayback Machine" and see what we got. A couple come to mind...

Got into one in Banjarmasin (on the island of Borneo, Indonesia). Had just come back from working on a mapping project, after living nearly 5 month in the jungle. Never will forget that first hot shower in that many months. Our group was getting ready to ship out. We were hanging out in a local bar, the night before leaving. Everything was fine, we were drinking with another group of engineers, on their way in-country, that we, by happenstance, had met there. One of their bunch happened to be a Frenchie, who, after a few drinks, starting getting all irate and cursing us out in French, because we were Americans. Little did he know, while I didn't speak it well, I definitely understood what he was saying. Don't know if it was when I said that my Dad was stationed just outside of Paris at the war's end and we might be stepbrothers or when I followed that up with the 'still speaking German' line, the table went flying. He only got "one swing and a miss". Tapped him once on the chin and another in the solar plexus. All I heard was a gasp of air and this pile of crap was laying on the floor. Got free drinks the rest of the night.

A prior incident was in Dakar, Senegal. Being based out of Dakar, this mapping project encompassed Senegal, Mali, and Mauritania, so a lot of deep desert work. On one R&R, back in Dakar, we were again enjoying ourselves in the hotel bar. My 6'4" friend had just done a header into decorative fountain and loosened a couple of front teeth. In helping him get cleaned up, I accidently bump a table with four mindless Frogs sitting at it. They all seemed quite entertained with what was happening. All I remember is one them, again cursing in French, insisted that I pay for their spilled drinks and as I turned away to help my friend, he made the mistake of his life by grabbing my shoulder. When the dust settled, two of the Frenchies were on their way to the hospital, my friend was on his way to the dentist, and myself and another buddy got kicked out of the bar for the night. You would've thought that looking at our tans, there was a very good chance that we had been living hard in the wild and shouldn't have been messed with.

Thx for getting me to pull up some old memories.
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lnx
Once got banned from B&Q. Some guy in an orange apron asked me if I wanted decking, luckily I got the first punch in
 
  • Haha
Reactions: EMS
Once, in eighth grade. I got a fat lip. He got suspended for hitting a girl!
 
...way too many fights for me growing up. I was always the smallest or/and youngest so I had to learn quick how to knock bullies off of me weekly. I guess it played well in the long run because now I am very peaceful. However, lol, nobody can take a chip outta me!!! 🤣
 
A few times. Got jumped once though - not nice seeing the bottom of a group of drunk guys shoes raining down on your face to be honest!
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top