Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Can anyone recommend a good novel?

I actually watched all 6 seasons of The Expanse tv series. If I start reading it at novel #7, would I be able to follow the story?
 
House of Leaves. It's hard to describe, but a great read.
Nothing beats working through that peace after work. Haha. Good read.

Also, I hear good things about Three Body Problem. Unfortunately, I haven't come around to reading it.
 
Nothing beats working through that peace after work. Haha. Good read.

Also, I hear good things about Three Body Problem. Unfortunately, I haven't come around to reading it.
I found it badly written, with very flat characters and the sciency bits are either very on the nose (the three body problem stuff) or just get magically handwaved to an absurd degree (the final plot device).

All in all, I stopped some 50 pages into the second book.
That said, I'm not big into SciFi books anyway and the only recent ones I liked were Monk & Robot and Noumena, both decidedly not on the hard sci-fi side.
 
The Secret of Secrets by Dan Brown
The novel looks at both spy stuff and at a topic I have never seen before, "what happens after you die?"
I am old enough to care about that last part...
 
Can really recommend Three-Body Problem for scifi. I also recently read a collection of Isaac Asimov's work, found most of them fascinating, besides (or maybe because) they are multiple decades old
 
I'm reading John le Carre's spy thrillers for the first time. I've seen the films and TV shows and expected the novels to be dry and a bit slow but they're not. They're not a thrill a minute stuff like Bond but they're engrossing and really well plotted.
 
Have you read the Ian Flemming James Bond Novels? Aside from being dated and sexist, they hold up decently well as spy novels. It's worth checking one out if you like the genre to see how it all started and if you like it, there are a bunch of them.
 

Recent Sites

Latest Reviews

Back
Top