Nev...I saw some porn when I was about that age at a mates house....I found animal farm disgusting, emmanuelle quite boring, the devil in miss jones was funny..it takes alsorts. I've never really been a porn watcher to be honest...I'd rather have the real thing.
With regard to Miss8....how much of the news does she see or hear on the radio about people being murdered etc...or swear words at school or going to the shops...they just be protected to a level that some of us would consider safe. At 8 yrs old I used go out on my push bike with mates without adults being present...most responsible parents wouldn't dream of letting their 8 yr olds do that now because of the increase in child abuse, kidnapping, child murder etc and yet it still happened way back when...the media have created some sort of paranoia because its in the press every single day and it causes panic amongst parents. Its a bit like everything has to be disinfected properly at home or they might catch something....thats always been the case though..hasn't it?
Some are breeding a new generation of "softies", is that fair on the children when they grow up and become adults? I'm not so sure, I know plenty of women that have no idea how to cook but at least during my relationships with them, they learnt something and now they can cook. The world is indeed a strange place to live, I guess that's why sometimes I withdraw from it. Things are very odd to the point of being bizarre. It was me that saw my mum get stabbed in the face by a bloke that threatened to kill the family if she didn't leave, when she had left and came to talk to my dad one day, he slapped her across the face not realising that I saw it...so all this and so much more was happening when I was a child and nothing has really changed.